Spending and Impact Statement 2014/15

 In the financial year 2014-2015 the school received £168,900 for Pupil Premium funding in 2015-16 this decreased to £164,408.  Therefore for the Academic Year 2014-15 the school had £167, 028 to spend on interventions and support for pupils in Hollywood.

 

Intervention

Cost

Impact

Specialist Maths and Reading support with Year 6 Children both 1 to 1 and small groups.

£8767.00

22% increase of Combined Reading Writing and Maths from 70% to 92%

Graduate support for Maths

£453.00

No PP impact only 3 children achieved level 6

Teaching Assistant Support in Year 2

£13,562.00

Little difference in last year’s outcomes but progress improved.

Year 2  Teacher Support Maths and English 3 mornings per week

£28,756.00

Progress improvements but outcomes remain similar to previous year

Maths & English Teacher Support Years 6 & 5

£13,032.00

22% increase of Combined Reading Writing and Maths from 70% to 92%.  Additionally improvements in year 5 progress with 80% of Pupil Premium children on target in Reading

Music Tuition Ukelele, Harmonica, Violin

£1,875.00

3 out of 4 of the children had improvements in Attendance

Librarian

£5302.00

Reading results improved L4+ by 22% and L5 by 6.3%

Community Learning

£550.00

Massive improvement in attendance of 2 children other children had slightly improved attendance. Attendance improved by 0.02% from 95.92% to 95.94%

Sports Club Funding

£363.00

Children’s self-esteem increased and 4 children had accelerated progress on with much better attendance. Overall Attendance improved by 0.02% from 95.92% to 95.94%

School Uniform

£87.00

Improved self-esteem and improved communication with family

Rainbow Lunchtime Club

£2,834.00

Behaviour issues now kept to a minimum and children who attend have had very few incident logs

Teaching Assistant Support in Year 4

£3,129.00

Focused intervention have resulted in accelerated learning and improved outcomes. With an average of 2.7 points progress for both Maths and Reading

Speech & Language Support

£18,720.00

Children identified and proactive positive interventions carried out.

Teaching Assistant Support in Year 4 CLA

£1,877.81

Child is pre-tutored and so is more engaged in the activities and has made better progress than previous years. Although this child is CLA he is achieving in line or above across English and Maths as are the other CLA children in the school.

Marking Stamps

£470.00

More consistent feedback – children’s understanding has improved.

Nurture Support

£61,474.00

A sample of 10 children who receive Nurture gained an average of 8.8% increase in attendance ranging from 19% to 3.5%. The Pupil Premium Boys in Year six all made at least two levels of progress in writing and Reading and 87% made two levels of progress in maths due to support from our new mentor. The self-esteem of all 23 children was improved and maintained by the Nurture department.

Reading Materials book scheme extension phonics etc

£6,567.00

Reading results improved as above but also phonic results increased by 7.1% , 100% of pupil premium children made expected progress 17% made more than expected.

Total

£167,818.81

 

Funding difference

-£790.81